PURE DATA forum~

...that deal with pure data

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-19 04:43:57

pete.m

Korg NanoKontrol abstraction

Hello,

I just got a Korg NanoKontrol usb controller and built an abstraction to make it easy to drop into a patch, so I thought I'd share it.

I've been playing around with pd on and off for a while now, but have finally committed to learning it and using it more, if not exclusively.

Anyway, I'd love to get feedback on the construction. I applied many of the same techniques to building the patch that I use in my day-to-day work as a developer (refactoring, abstraction, etc.).

Thanks!

-pete-

Attachments:
Attachment Icon nanokontrol.zip, Size: 3,275 bytes, Downloads: 490

#2 2009-06-03 20:27:13

Re: Korg NanoKontrol abstraction

hello I made this panel for my nanokontrol-pd patches maybe you'll find it useful

Attachments:
Attachment Icon nanokontrol-panel.pd, Size: 10,556 bytes, Downloads: 423

#3 2009-10-20 16:52:17

schubaruu

hi,

is there a way to use "scene" option in the nanokontrol patch?

#4 2009-12-12 14:57:25

NaN

"scene" seams that it is a hardware option. It does´nt send any midi data.

#5 2010-01-22 14:35:15

duro63

hi, Im completely new on Pd and wanted to connect my nanoKontrol but really don´t know exactly how, Id tryed with your nanokontrol panel, everything knob moves fine, fine but how to connect this control or abstraction to, for instance, the "particle chamber" http://macumbista.net/?page_id=370 or any other patch and control it. Do I need to put it inside? how do I do that? Thanks a lot

Last edited by duro63 (2010-01-22 18:17:20)

#6 2010-02-10 00:25:40

ssinan

ı got a nanokontrol this afternoon.
here is the patch that ı made.
it works. enjoy.

thanks to thomas, http://www.th-th.fr/

Last edited by ssinan (2010-02-10 02:12:38)

Attachments:
Attachment Icon nanokontrol.pd, Size: 4,670 bytes, Downloads: 270

#7 2010-03-01 09:01:30

NaN

duro63 wrote:

hi, Im completely new on Pd and wanted to connect my nanoKontrol but really don´t know exactly how, Id tryed with your nanokontrol panel, everything knob moves fine, fine but how to connect this control or abstraction to, for instance, the "particle chamber" http://macumbista.net/?page_id=370 or any other patch and control it. Do I need to put it inside? how do I do that? Thanks a lot

yo have to make the connection between the appropiate ctlin (in any of the uploaded abstractions, or try it for yourself attaching number boxes to each of the three outputs in ctlin and read it's help patch) to the value you want to change

#8 2010-08-14 15:29:00

epatricio

schubaruu wrote:

hi,

is there a way to use "scene" option in the nanokontrol patch?

NaN wrote:

"scene" seams that it is a hardware option. It does´nt send any midi data.

Hi all!

I have modified the nanokontrol-panel.pd made by transient-multiphase.

I included extra sendings for each scene.

So now it's possible to use all four scenes and, yes, to control it from the hardware (I used [midiin] to get the MIDI data from scene button).

Cheers!!

Last edited by epatricio (2010-08-18 12:38:29)

------------ Cheers!  www.eduardopatricio.com.br

Attachments:
Attachment Icon nanokontrol-panel_patricio.pd, Size: 35,594 bytes, Downloads: 200

#9 2010-08-16 20:09:31

epatricio

And yet another one, inspired by the first one:

http://puredata.info/Members/epatricio/ … nload/file

This one has a different GUI and it's capable of retrieve all control positions if you change between scenes. (because the hardware is not capable to do so, but the controls are there...)

Last edited by epatricio (2010-08-17 17:02:14)

#10 2011-01-09 12:25:51

AlbertoZ

Hi Eduardo,

just got a nanokontrol yesterday, it's a very good (and cheap) toy. I downloaded your patch (nanokontrol-ep) from the pd site but it seems that the abstraction "get-midi-dialog" (within "midi-config" abs) is missing.   

Moreover, the moonlib "absolutepath" dll do not load in my pd ext 0.42.5 (win) so, in order to display the image, I had to remove it and connect directly

[symbol kk.gif(
|
[open $1(

Any hints?

Alberto

#11 2011-01-09 13:40:59

epatricio

Hi, Alberto!

The "get-midi-dialog" is Hans Steiner's abs. I have it here inside the hcs folder (inside extra folder).

About "absolutepath" I really don't know what can be happening,  I have no Windows OS here. Sorry.

You could use image object instead -->  |image kk.gif|
I use moonlib absolutepath so I don't have to put the image inside every folder I'm using the nanokontrol-ep patch with.

I hope this helps!

Cheers!

PS.: I named an instrument after you without knowing...  : )

#12 2011-01-09 21:22:12

AlbertoZ

Hola Eduardo,

epatricio wrote:

The "get-midi-dialog" is Hans Steiner's abs. I have it here inside the hcs folder (inside extra folder).

Ok, I'll get it from there.

epatricio wrote:

You could use image object instead -->  |image kk.gif|
I use moonlib absolutepath so I don't have to put the image inside every folder I'm using the nanokontrol-ep patch with.

This definitely makes sense. I'll give moonlib another try otherwise I'll switch to "image" (which, if I'm not wrong, can accept both an
absolute patch or a relative one...).

Thank you for the suggestions!

epatricio wrote:

PS.: I named an instrument after you without knowing...  : )

Yes, I saw it on your web page, I had a smile :-)
Interesting project by the way !!!

Cheers,
Alberto

#13 2011-05-06 22:18:30

d-s-b

dear transient multiphase & epatricio -
thank you so much you have made my life 1000x easier

#14 2011-05-09 15:56:02

epatricio

d-s-b wrote:

dear transient multiphase & epatricio -
thank you so much you have made my life 1000x easier

you're welcome!!

#15 2011-08-03 20:39:29

d-s-b

here's an oscillator bank i made for use with this controller, on top of this excellent layout from you. thanks!

Attachments:
Attachment Icon osc.pd, Size: 23,787 bytes, Downloads: 155

#16 2011-11-01 23:59:04

petemcpartlan

Hi,

Just thought I'd share my nano kontrol abstraction.
Really like the interface on the ones here but mine is just a slightly different approach that I find more convenient for just dropping into a patch wherever it's needed. A very simple abstraction, it takes the "channel" number (as written on the kontrol) as an argument and spits out the data, normalised to 1. See inside for which order it is in.

It may not be useful to anyone else but thought I'd share, oh and it's only scene 1 - because I'm lazy.

Attachments:
Attachment Icon nano.pd, Size: 2,461 bytes, Downloads: 193

#17 2012-07-22 12:05:31

AlbertoZ

epatricio wrote:

And yet another one, inspired by the first one:

http://puredata.info/Members/epatricio/ … nload/file

This one has a different GUI and it's capable of retrieve all control positions if you change between scenes. (because the hardware is not capable to do so, but the controls are there...)

Hi Eduardo,

I'm using your nanokontrol-ep_0.56.pd quite extensively (I hope that this is the last one..).
I think I've found a small issue in the way the buttons are handled:
If you look into for example in the "pd botoes1" abstraction (within "pd midicontrols" -> "pd scene1") you see that the midi "control in" message is handled in this way:

[ctlin  ]
  /   \   /  |
[t b] \/
  \    / \       
    [pack f  f]
     |
     [spigot 1]\[r scene1]
     |
     etc...

(sorry, very bad ascii art), but in this way the "pack" is banged twice. It should be like in the following (as in 
http://puredata.hurleur.com/sujet-4271- … evel-issue  :

[ctlin    ]
|      |   \
[swap]
|      |
[pack f  f]
|
[spigot 1]\[r scene1]
|
etc..

Alberto

#18 2012-10-04 23:38:04

antivapor

Hi! Not trying to take off topic, but what Korg USB-MIDI drivers are you fine folks using?

#19 2012-10-06 00:35:23

AlbertoZ

antivapor wrote:

Hi! Not trying to take off topic, but what Korg USB-MIDI drivers are you fine folks using?

I simply installed the default drivers that I got when I bought my nanokontrol, they work fine for me in Vista and 7.
My korg USB-Midi Driver Version is 1.12.00.16.

#20 2012-12-15 04:18:49

I have tried every patches you provided for the Korg NanoKontrol, and it sort of works with my NanoKontrol 2, but not completely. Somehow the far left and far right slider and knob won't respond.

Is there an existing patch that would work better for the NanoKontrol 2?

EDIT:

Actually, I just modified one of the patches I found above to work the NanoKontrol 2.

Here you go.

Last edited by R Guillaume Bourdon (2012-12-15 05:15:05)

Attachments:
Attachment Icon nanokontrol_2-panel_01.pd, Size: 12,182 bytes, Downloads: 122

#21 2013-05-27 19:41:42

did

Hello. I made this today so I wanted to share. I have tried the abstractions here but none seems to work as they should on my computer.
So there are two abstractions one called chano.pd and another one called control.pd. So control is the control part of the nanokontrol. chano is one slice of the nanokontrol. You just have to call it with the number of the slice (i am not sure this is the good word here) like for example chano 13 and only the 13 controls this one. I prefered to do it that way, it was more convenient for me.
I am kind of a newbie, this is my first real patch, and also the first one I share. I am sure there are better ways to do that, especially the "gate" part wich work only that way and I don't know why.
http://concombre.org/autre/pd/control.png http://concombre.org/autre/pd/chano.png

Attachments:
Attachment Icon nano.zip, Size: 1,705 bytes, Downloads: 62

#22 2013-05-27 20:40:51

did

I just realized it depends on the mapping of the nano...

Board footer